Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Recycle It

How many phone books do we get a year? It is crazy. I don't even remember the last time I actually used a phone book. Lucky for me, I have a great recycling program the rewards me for each pound I generate. Those phone books are heavy!

This past month we started using RecycleBank. It is a program the offers rewards for recycling. You know I'm all about rewards. I should let you know that I am not getting paid for this post nor do I receive anything if you decide to participate---I'm just spreading the recyclebank love.

We pay $8/month for the curbside service (although there is a special going on now here in Lincoln, at least, where you get 2 months free). There is no contract to sign so we can cancel our service at any time. Before we started this service, Carl was taking all our recycling to a drop off location near our house. This wasn't really a big deal to Carl but we did have to separate all of our recyclables. We don't have to do that for this service...and they take more types of waste than the city drop off sites. Bonus!
This service isn't available yet in most states but if you enter your contact information, they will let you know when it is. If you don't sign up, at least you know where to drop off those unused phone books!

3 comments:

  1. I love Recycle Bank! It's so convenient in so many ways. We've had ours for a month now and have wracked up over 100 pts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I totally just went to their site to sign up!! I love the bonus points AND I love the huge recycling can!! I always drove by homes with the little tiny containers out for pick up and thought, I could fill up about 5 of those!!

    Thanks you maven you!! (did you read "The tipping point" ?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is soooo cool. I recycle everything, but I end up having massive piles of it everywhere, I wish I lived in Lincoln and I have offically tagged you (yeah, I'm a little late) read more about it here:
    http://crafterella.blogspot.com/2008/08/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete