Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hope Floats



Tonight people all over the world set off balloons for the Nielsons. The timing happened to coincide with a little gathering of girlfriends to celebrate some birthdays. After Wendy and I shared the story, they all took a moment to write a message to attach to the balloons.

Before I knew we shared grandparents (Stephanie's grandma is married to Carl's grandpa), I was a loyal blog follower. Her family is full of so many clever and talented people. When something like this happens there seems like little else you can do but pray. While this is certainly needed, sometimes one may feel the urge to do more. So, tonight we set off our balloons. A small act. But a few small acts turn into big ones. Next week I'll join forces with Design Mom and host a little silent auction of my own. A small act. A small act that, combined with others, becomes a big one.


2 comments:

  1. This made me cry. I hope they will all fully recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video gets to about 8 1 /2 minutes and then I lose it. I'm hoping for the best for them!

    ReplyDelete