Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday


Last week my habit was going to bed each night by 10:30pm. This really helped me out this week because when Carl is out of town I really struggle going to sleep. I wasn't always asleep by 10:30pm but I was always in bed by then. I'm definitely going to keep this one up.

This week I'd like to work on laundry. I don't usually have a problem doing the laundry or even folding it. My problem is putting it away. I will put away my own laundry but everyone else's just gets piled up higher and higher on the dryer until I can't stand it anymore and put it away. I'd like to try and avoid that scenario this week by putting away a little bit of laundry each day.

*I posted this before I went to bed on Friday night because I'm going to try not to get on the computer too much tomorrow. That's another habit I'd like to get going but it will have to wait for a few more weeks.

8 comments:

  1. Christy, your family is just too adorable! My goal is to go to sleep at 10:30 and even though I fail at it every single night I'm not changing my goal. One day I'll be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it when we have kids it is so hard to go to bed on time? I struggle with the same thing.

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting to bed and closing your eyes COUNTS!! Seriously, I heard this on the radio, in a study of sleeping times...you can't control when you fall asleep but you can control when you lay down, close your eyes and rest! Good luck with the laundry...that is a problem in my household, too *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with sleep while hubby is away also. Good for you for getting in bed by 10:30. I need to work on my bedtime, esp after he leaves. Good luck with the laundry this week. My son is at the age where he wants to be a 'big boy' and help with everything so he helps me carry laundry up the stairs after it's folded. My motivation to put it away is that it's piled up on the couches and if I don't put it away the baby will pull it all down and she refuses to fold it back up. ;) Have a great week! Your knitting blocks look like fun. I've never tried knitting but did attempt to crochet, I still have a few things of yarn because I couldn't get beyond making a chain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, just fold all the laundry on your bed, then you have to put it away in order to go to bed. What a great idea right? *wink, wink* I find myself so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:23 PM

    I put the kids' clothes in a ream paper box lid which make it easy for them to carry their clothes to their room and put them away.

    If they don't do it quickly enough, the stacks get too big to easily manage (so they're learning not to wait :).

    Hubby is on his own too! I only take care of the 1-year-old and her time is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! I think this is the first year that Jason and I have finally succeeded in a bedtime--for us! It's made a huge difference.

    I find that if I fold the laundry right out of the dryer and put it away as I go then I don't have stacks around the house.

    One day the chair in front of the computer desk was being used elsewhere in our house. Without a chair to plop myself down in front of, I was spending a lot less time online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always fold the laundry out of the dryer. I just stack it up all on my dryer and I let it get as high as I can. Then I start stacking it on the counter by the washer/dryer. Finally, I can't stand it anymore and put it all away. This week that is going to end!

    ReplyDelete