Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, June 30, 2006

Knitting, knitting, knitting

This is a knitting blog, after all. You wouldn't know it from my lack of knitting posts lately. Believe it or not, I have been knitting. Up. A. Storm.

First off, let me get my June socks for the Sock-a-Month KAL out of the way. These were made with a 3X1 ribbing in Trekking XXL colorway 107. The socks are super comfy and beautiful. I have enough yarn left to probably make a pair of anklets. This was the yarn I bought right before the Wiggles concert so I've been calling them my "Wiggles" socks. I didn't finish these until this morning and I started to freak out because our computer is out of commission for today and I didn't know how the heck I was going to make the deadline for the knit a long. I'm "remote" blogging from the library. They have wireless and I am on Carl's laptop.
My other knitting is pretty exciting. I'm trying to get rid of my stash. I went to look at what I had and came down with some Sugar n Cream cotton. I'm getting confident enough in my knitting that I figured I could make Eva a tank top without a pattern. I think I did a pretty darn good job. While I was knitting I would just hold it up to a tank top that she has and see if I was close. It worked! Now, I'm doing some different things trying to come up with some different styles and writing out the patterns so I can either sell them on etsy or post them for free here on my website. If you'd like me to knit a tank top for you, I'd appreciate it. I need to make about 4-5 more. If you want one, I'd just need you to pay me for the yarn (a mere $3 for a toddler size--$5 for a larger child). The first 2 people that email me will get them.

You can't tell too much from the pictures but it has a rolled bottom (I'm working on one that doesn't roll up, too...in case people don't like that--I personally like do). It has a subtle design in the solid pink parts and then gradually works up to stripes (pink/white/khaki) on the top. It is worked all the way in the round and I used some double pointed needles for the straps.

That's a Mongolian blue spot on Eva's arm. Not a bruise. No worries, okay?

I'm still working on my Gathering Intentions sweater. I had to get some help from my knitting group last time. The sleeves were coming out WAY TOO LONG. I've started on the back now and will rework the sleeves when I get to a good length on the back. The ladies that I knit with are a lot of help and so knowledgeable! I really appreciate their help.

This isn't knitting but, I've also been doing some more gardening. Here's my latest crop. Probably my best yet!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Eva's tank top is adorable (of course, the model would be adorable no matter what she wore). If I had a little girl I would jump in and stake my claim on one of them, but since I don't I'll leave them to people who can actually wear them.

    I could use some of your extra sleeve inches -- my sleeves are always too short. It's worse for my sister, who has ape arms. Too bad we can't really share like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 PM

    Love that picture of the kids! The socks and tank top look really good too, but the kids top everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Hey Christy - I sent an e-mail in hopes of Claire having one of those adorable tanks.... I was going to attempt to make a tank dress for claire out of some yarn I have maybe I will just send it your way :)

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete