Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chivas de Guadalajara

In 1996-1997, I lived in and around Guadalajara, México. When I actually lived in the city of Guadalajara, it was in a house just blocks from the stadium. Not just any stadium. The stadium of the Chivas. When we would come home at night, the streets would be packed with fans and vendors. Even in our house we could tell when the Chivas would score. It was pretty exciting. I don't know why fútbol isn't more popular in the US. I think it is amazing and I haven't been able to get enough of the World Cup games. Granted, I do enjoy having DVR that allows me to fast forward during some of it. But, this is not for my lack of enthusiasm. It is more because I don't really have tons of extra time to sit around watching it. I've got to skip to the "good parts".Mexico played Iran today. They won handily; 3-1. It was poetry in motion to see the way they play. Carl was wondering why I am so fascinated by the sport. I've got to admit that it helps that most of the players are really good looking and them running around on the field is my version of "Baywatch". Most of all, I admire the sport. So, you'll know what I'll be doing this month. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL! Oh yeah, and I'll be rooting for México.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Mexico is the big favorite in my neighborhood too (no surprise for Arizona, especially so near the border). We weren't the only ones on the street watching the Mexico/Iran game today -- we went out in the yard to water the garden and knew Mexico had scored because we could hear cheers from every direction.

    Exciting! I agree, Americans should get more excited about fútbol.

    ReplyDelete