Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Yarn Spree

The Crafty Conservative

To compensate for the fact that we don't have a baby yet, I went shopping for yarn. First, I went to Hobby Lobby. I just needed some cheap acrylic for a couple of Hogwart's Gryffindor scarves. Mission accomplished. I got Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red and Mango. I also bought a circular needle (size 8--16 in.). It's one of those interchangeable ones. We'll see if that works well for me. I found a really cute tote bag as well. I don't really need another tote bag but I can never seem to find one availabe when I need it. I also took a trip over to my LYS, River Knits. I wasn't expecting to buy anything (yeah, right). Let's just say that I didn't have a project in mind. I found some sock yarn 20% off and I found some really interesting yarn that is cotton/elastic. The owner told me it washes up really great and ends up feeling like your favorite t-shirt. She said it would be good for socks or a hat...accessory type knits. I bought 3 balls of earth-tone variegated. I think it may end up being a pair of socks someday.

Well, SD is waiting for me. We're going to watch The Lizzie McGuire Movie. We can't wait! :) I should get quite a bit done on my socks. Frog is sleeping (poor kid has a runny nose). Lucky for me, that'll mean I probably won't have to go to church tomorrow. I love church, I just don't want to have to face everybody and explain that we don't have a baby yet. Oh well. Off to see the movie. Hey now, hey now, this is what dreams are made of!

Update: The Lizzie McGuire Movie. Pointless for anyone not a girl between the ages of 6-11. We borrowed it from the library so the only thing we lost on watching it was time. I did get several rows done on my socks, not a total waste.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:47 PM

    I'm pretty sure it would kill me to wait for a baby -- I just can't stand suspense, and anything I can't schedule ahead of time just makes me crazy. Hang in there! I'm sure it will happen any day now!

    Your yarn spree was very controlled considering the amount of suspense in your life right now. I probably would have lost all willpower and bought 12 skiens of alpaca something-or-other to make a sweater. Not that I need a sweater -- it doesn't often get cold enough here for alpaca.

    ReplyDelete