Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, March 04, 2005

My Booty

The Crafty Conservative

Pretty good title, eh? I just wanted to let everyone know how the service auction went last night.

The dinner provided was really yummy. Or, I could have been really hungry (I don't know why I've been eating like a horse---I blame it on the stress of "waiting"). Anyway, it was hot dogs, nachos, homemade pretzels (salted and cinnamon sugar), cupcakes, and lemonade. Talk about health food! Mmmm.

The first thing we had to do before starting the auction is fill out our survey. I earned $770 this year. That seemed about average. Some others got up to $900 or so but I don't think anyone had over $1000.

The third thing up for auction was what I was there for. Another baby blanket. This one was a bunny. Frog's is a cow. They are so cute. I bid. I gave the evil eye to all around me. Some new lady bid against me! What? In the end, she had more money than me. I was prepared to spend it all on that blanket and then just sit around and knit and enjoy the atmosphere. Darn it all. She doesn't even have little kids! Oh well. I hatched a plan. The lady that made the blanket as the service sells them. I'm either going to have to buy one, or bribe her neice (who happens to be a student of mine) to give me one as a present. I'll tell her I'll give her an A. Which, I will! *disclaimer: I really am an ethical teacher. I would never allow a student to "buy" a grade with presents. This girl is getting an A anyway!*

Without getting the blanket, I was forced to pay attention the rest of the night and ignore my knitting. My fabulously knitted scarf went to a fabulously fashionable lady (Meg--for those of you that know who these people are). In the auction program it really was listed as #6 Fabulously Knitted Scarf. Funny. In the end, I spent my money on homemade bread ($150---a bargain---from Mindy) and babysitting ($300---also a bargain---from Marcie). I had quite a bit of money left over (you do the math) but I didn't get to spend it. Everyone was able to purchase at least one thing.

Other news: I've added a Works in Progress section. I've been wanting to do that since the beginning of my blog and have been lazy. So, it's finally up.

Baby news: STILL WAITING!!!!

Books: I'm almost done listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (book 4). I just got a new audio book from the library yesterday: The Time Traveller's Wife (on suggestion of Tiffany, thanks!). I'm still reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell but I've been kind of slow. I can't renew it b/c there are holds on the book and I don't think there is any way that I'm gonna finish by the time they start charging me. I still haven't decided what to do about that yet.

2 comments:

  1. Well how rude that she outbid you. Didn't she know that was your blanket?! We had a service auction a few months ago, but with Dave working nights I haven't been to Enrichment Night in months. They do provie babysitting, but I hate to dump four kids on them at once. Still, bread and babysitting are good things too-especially the babysitting. I'm way jealous of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a service auction,too (last August/Sept). But to get points you have to do service, like "Took dinner to someone in the last month-X points." I got points for taking "dessert to a neighbor"--I'd taken half a watermelon to Dwain and Andrea. It's great.

    We had Enrichment last night, too. Lisa came! Of course, being the Enrichment Counselor in RS didn't make it quite as relaxing, but it was a nice evening.

    I'm crossing my fingers that the baby will be here today. I've already made something for him/her!

    ReplyDelete