Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

FO #9 The "I'm Gonna Be a Professor" Sweater Vest

The Crafty Conservative

I'll have a pic of this up on my blog later (once I can get Sugar Daddy to model). But, I had to announce that it is finally finished! It turned out nicely, though I wish I had picked up more stitches around for the button-hole band. It's kind of tight and even after blocking, it didn't stretch out as much as I had liked. So, it kind of hikes up in front. I think once I have my model, I can tweak it a little and it should be okay if he buttons up the bottom buttons. Well, y'all will see how it looks on him probably later tonight once I have him here to take a picture.

I made a trip to the LYS, River Knits. I picked up 4 more skeins of Cascade 220 so I can make some more hats. I also picked up 3 skeins of Encore in a variegated pink that I saw Cicely working with during our SnB meet-up last night. I don't think I would have given it a second look in the store had I not seen how nicely it looked knit into a baby afghan. I think that is what it may end up being for me, too.

Baby news: none yet. The birthmother is due on Thursday. While I would love to have the baby born right now, I was thinking it would be really cool if he/she was born on 03/04/05. I'm a sucker for numbers and that would be just awesome for me! SD's birthday is 07/06/76. I love that, too. Frog and I have the oddballs (01/29/03, and 04/11/75....you can probably figure out which is which, I hope!). Anyway, I have the cell phone on. It's in my pocket. RING PLEASE!!

Frog's favorite new saying: I farter (taught by SD, of course!).

Chocolate update: The 1 lb. box of See's Candies is GONE!!! It wouldn't be so bad if I had truly shared it with SD (who weighs a meager 125 lbs.), but I didn't. He got about 6 pieces total. I ate the rest. Gluttony. I admit it. But, it really hit the spot and I'm good to go for another year.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the baby update even if there really isn't one yet. I've been checking compulsively for it the last few days. I forgot that Frog is one year younger to the day than Bitty Princess. Maybe now I will remember his birthday.

    By the way you can bet your life that a pound of Sees Candy wouldn't last around me for longer than a week nor would I be inclined to share much of it with all the sweet little kiddos around here that would ask me for some.

    ReplyDelete