Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Still Waiting...part 2

The Crafty Conservative

The birthmother called me yesterday. It seems like they are going to have her induced on Thursday. There will be an end to this waiting!!! I've been so much more calm since we spoke. I'm not freaking out every time the phone rings anymore. I have a "plan". Well, kind of. SD's going to be out of town still but I have a good group of people that are going to be passing around Frog (to share the "burden") while I'm at the hospital. SD gets in Friday night, he'll pick up Frog, get a good night's sleep, and then come up to the hospital on Saturday. If the timing is right, we'll be able to take the baby home that day. If it's not, we'll have to wait until Monday. It all depends on the time of birth. If it's too late to file the paperwork on Friday (24 hours after the birth), then it will have to wait until Monday and we won't legally have guardianship of the baby until then. The lawyer is supposed to let me know this morning if there is some way that we'll be able to avoid this, but I doubt it. Oh well. Maybe she'll deliver really quickly.

I haven't been knitting too much. I'm on my 5th repeat of the straight rows on Clapotis. It's starting to drag along. But, the novelty of dropping stitches is still there so I just keep plugging along...I live for row 8!

My mom's birthday is the 15th of March so I need to get cracking on those socks. She's planning a visit on the 17th so I have a couple of extra days but I don't know if that will help. I better put away Clapotis and start working on those while I can, I guess. Clapotis will be a good hospital project.

I haven't cast on for the baby jacket yet. I don't think I will until after the birth. Especially since SD is going to be gone all this week. I won't get as much evening knitting in as I do when he's here to run interference with the yarn-loving Frog.

Books: Started listening to The Time Traveller's Wife. I had to stop it for a while because I felt I hadn't paid particular attention in some parts so I think I may have to rewind a bit so I don't miss anything important. I don't know if this is going to be a good "car" book. I usually listen to young adult fiction in the car. We'll see how it works. I'm taking SD to the airport today so at least on the way home I'll have some uninterrupted time to listen.
Still plugging away on Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I decided to take it with me to the hospital and see how far I get. I may just have to put it on hold again at the library so I can get it again to finish it. I have to have it turned in by the end of this month to avoid a fine.

I think that's it from here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment