Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Service Auction

The Crafty Conservative

Every year the women's group at our church holds a service auction. It is my MOST FAVORITE activity of the year! I was sad when I thought I might miss it (I did the year Frog was born) but it looks like I'll make it tonight. My phone still won't ring! Darn it. I guess he/she is waiting for 03/04/05 *wishful thinking*.

There is a survey to fill out at the beginning of the night to determine how many "Bishop Bucks" you get. It includes things like: If you've ever ridden in a tractor you get $30, if you were born in Indiana you get $20, if you were born in any other state you get $25, etc... Everyone gets plenty of "$" to spend. A real auctioneer runs it for us. We have cards to hold up and everything. It's a blast. Here's an example of some of the services I've "bought" in the past few years: babysitting, sewing lessons, a baby blanket (Frog's favorite!), machine embroidery on any item. This year I'm contributing my Airy Scarf. Most people donate services to be rendered at a later date. But, this year, with the baby coming and all, I decided I could just donate a service I've already done (knitting that beautiful scarf) and be done with it. So, there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. This is off the subject, but I just noticed your 'works in progress' column on the left. It's too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:46 AM

    This service auction is a great idea -- I think I'll suggest that we have one (I'm in the YW presidency and we're always looking for new ideas that don't involve manicures and makeovers).

    ReplyDelete