Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, March 07, 2005

Still Waiting!

The Crafty Conservative

No baby news yet. Maybe today? She's only 4 days overdue so I shouldn't be so impatient. But, I can't help myself.

Sugar Daddy leaves tomorrow morning for an interview. He'll be gone until late Friday night. We thought we may try to reschedule his trip but decided against it. We don't know when the baby is going to decide to come and it would be kind of worthless for him to sit around and wait and then have the baby be even later. So, if the baby is born this week, I'm going to be one busy "single mom".

Saturday night was spent trying to decide what to do so we could get out of the house. There isn't a lot to do in this town, especially with a 2 year old. We didn't go anywhere. I got too stir crazy and finally asked if I could go to Hobby Lobby to get some cotton for a baby jacket. SD stayed home with Frog and I was off. We picked out a pattern for a lace-edged baby jacket. It's rather cute. I was going to hold off making anything for a girl (so as not to jinx anything, I guess. I don't know what my problem is). I worked on the gauge last night. I'm just barely off using the needles I want to use. I think I'm still going to make it with those. The pattern is for size 6-12 months. I'd like it to be smaller, so it should work out okay. I'm using the Sugar & Cream 100% cotton in a sage green color. This sweater should only cost me (after I buy buttons) $7.50. I hope I enjoy knitting w/ cotton. I haven't done it before (except to get gauge and that wasn't too bad). I'm sure having a whole jacket in that will be a nice accessory for a baby. And, if we don't have a girl, I can pass it on to any of the numerous people I know that are pregnant and probably having girls.

I'm about to go in to work this morning. My students are going to be mad. They want me to be gone so they can watch Harry Potter en espaƱol. Every day last week they were upset when I was there. Oh well. One more day of actual Spanish instruction and then they can have their "break" before Spring Break. Whether the baby comes or not, I'm going to take at least the next 3 days off while SD is gone.

1 comment:

  1. In some ways, I know exactly how this waiting feels. In other ways, I can't imagine what you are going through-but I'm thinking of you. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete