Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Adoption Benefits

The Crafty Conservative

In response to Tiffany's comment about being put together well enough to take a family pic when the baby is so new, I've decided to come up with a short list of adoption benefits (from my point of view).

1. I didn't have to be pregnant. I have not doubt that I would be horrible at it. I would whine and complain. I'm a notorious puker. Everything makes me gag. I can only imagine it would be worse if I was pg.

2. No labor. No pain. I should say, no physical pain. I still get a lot of the emotional stuff. I mean, you guys read my posts while I was waiting. But I'm sure even that is better than labor. Included in this one is no recovery time.

3. Eric...you may want to skip this one. My boobs could not take it. I'm sure of it. They don't need to get any bigger and the thought of breastfeeding isn't appealing to me at all! But, if I were pg, I'm sure I'd do it because I am aware of the benefits (aside from being cheaper than formula!).

4. Our kids are more beautiful than anything we could have produced ourselves. I'm sure of that! Sugar Daddy and I were cute kids, of course, but I don't know what putting us together could produce. A crafting, engineering musical genius? Or, more likely, a bossy skinny uni-browed nerd.

5. We can blame nature for some of the crazy things our kids do. It certainly isn't nurture! I mean, we're doing everything right!

3 comments:

  1. I love your list! Thanks for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm laughing out loud (and I'm filling in on the Children's Desk right now, so it's not really appropriate).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:15 PM

    I like #4 -- and it's something I've thought about myself. I fear the genetic combination of my husband and me. We would no doubt produce an arthritic dyslexic with a big nose and terrible periodontal disease. Who wants that for their kid?

    ReplyDelete