Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, March 11, 2005

False Alarm

The Crafty Conservative

I spent all day having physical pains waiting for THE phone call. It never came. At 3:30pm I started to freak out. I called the birthmother. No answer. I called the lawyer. The social worker at the hospital was going to call the lawyer as soon as the birthmother was admitted. No call. Okay. She's not at the hospital. She's not answering her phone. I have babysitters lined up for the next 48 hours. What should I do? I call the sitters. No news. Sorry. I call the birthmother every hour for 4 hours. No answer. I give up. Sugar Daddy calls from Tampa. He's had airline delays all week and problems with taxis and shuttles. I feel bad for him, but not as bad as I feel for myself. I'm lonely. My only company is the Frog. I don't really want company, but I do. Know what I mean? I wish SD was home. I try one last time to call birthmother before I go to bed. She answers. She apologizes for not answering the other times (her family was all around and she couldn't talk privately). Have I mentioned how great this girl is? She explains what happened at the doctor. He decided that he'd rather wait another week to see if she can deliver naturally. She told me that she gave him the evil eye and said not to mess with her. But, apparently, it didn't work. She went back home. She's more upset than I am (understandably so---she's got a little person living inside of her). So, the new deadline is March 17th. She said that the Dr. said for sure he won't let her go past that date. I really hope she doesn't have to wait that long. The good news: SD should be here for the birth. I was really feeling bad about him missing it (selfishly, actually. I need the help!). Bad news: everyone keeps calling me for news. I have to keep explaining. Small price to pay, I guess. I'll have a baby eventually. It can't stay in there forever.

1 comment:

  1. "I'll have a baby eventually. It can't stay in there forever."

    Well, you've gone and figured out for yourself the only good advice I have for anyone waiting on a baby to make his/her grand entrance. So, I'll just keep my mouth shut (aren't you glad?!) and keep sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete