Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Clippity Clapotis

The Crafty Conservative

Frog has the Fisher Price "old school" barn. You know the one that moos when you open the door? We got it wrapped up for Christmas from SD's parents. They found it in their garage. It is at least 30 years old. It's full of old toys (not necessarily that go with the barn). There's a really old plastic snail. Huh? Anyway, I'm digressing.

Back to the point of this post. There are a couple of horses in the barn. Frog loves to play with them like they are cars. We had a breakthrough the other day. I told him that they were horses and they go "clippity cloppity, clippity cloppity, neigh!" and I trotted them around the floor. It was a big hit, oh yeah. He got it and I caught him trotting his cars around. Oops. He's only two, right?

Anyway...I catch myself saying as I'm knitting, "clippity clapotis, clippity clapotis, yeah!!!". I'm really enjoying the process of knitting. I can't WAIT to get to the part where I can drop stitches.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I used to have that same toy barn. I think it's kind of cool Frog has it, though I'm not sure about the wrapping part either. My sister's MIL wrapped up all of my BIL's baby things and presented them to her at her shower, BUT she had purchased several new things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:23 PM

    I had that barn too. I think when we were kids there were only about 100 different toys to choose from, so most of us had the same things. Now there are about 5 million different toys, and some of them scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same barn, too. It really is an awesome toy. It was on Frog's wishlist for Christmas. I knew MIL had one from the old days and I told her to keep it at her house so he'd have stuff to play with when he visits. I'm totally glad to have the toy. It works and everything. I'm just bummed that she wrapped it up as a present. Am I gonna have to explain to Frog every year that his Grandma likes to wrap up SD's old stuff to give to him? Aargh!

    ReplyDelete