Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, March 21, 2005

Back to Work

The Crafty Conservative

Spring Break is over. It was back to work for me today. So, I only teach 2 class periods each day so it's not so bad...but I can't help the fact that I didn't want to go back. High school students are oblivious to the fact that the teachers are the ones that really need the breaks, not them! My students were a little rowdy. I was a little distracted (thinking about my brood back at the house). *Can I call them a brood now that I have two?* I'm really behind. But, I guess I'll get back into the swing of things soon enough. My Spanish II kids made commercials and I collected them today. Maybe I'll watch them this afternoon. One promises to be a "classic". It's about irritable bowel syndrome (remember, 10th graders made these!). They were practicing using commands. What better way then to try and sell me something?

Books: I finished The Time Traveller's Wife. Apart from the aforementioned "f" words, I would highly recommend it. It might not be so "harsh" in the written word. But, hearing it over and over in my car (audiobook) got a little old. There are also some pretty graphic sex scenes (maybe they seemed more graphic than they actually are since my mom was in the car for at least one of them!). It's not something I would feel comfortable recommending to my book group as a whole, but I think a couple of the members would really like to read it. I just started another audiobook today. It's Peace Like a River. I've read it before but I couldn't remember much about it. I may just listen until I can remember the story. So many people have been talking about it lately and I couldn't remember most of the plot. I also got the Diary of Anne Frank. I've never read it before. There must have been something wrong with my high school.

Knitting: I finished the first of the socks for my mom. She tried it on and liked it. There's no way I'll get the other one done before she leaves. At least she knows I'm working on it! Clapotis is clippity clopping along. I don't think I'll get back up to the amount of time I was able to knit w/ just Frog around for a long, long time. But, I'll keep knitting at least a little each day (I hope!).

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I'm sorry about work. I think I would enjoy the commercials, though. I'm much more at home with teenagers than little kids (though I may feel differently when all mine hit their teens).
    You will still find time to do the things you love, it's just different. And two kiddos definitely qualifies as a "brood."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 AM

    You have a little chick under each wing now -- sounds like a brood to me.

    ReplyDelete