Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Down Time

The Crafty Conservative

I had absolutely NO down time yesterday! It was go go go all day. Big Apple was a little fussy (we are blaming gas and promptly bought some gas drops) and Frog was resisting all nappage. He did finally go down at 5pm. At 5:03pm I got out my knitting, desperate to work a little on it. It is SO relaxing! At 5:03 and 20 seconds, Big Apple started squawking. By the time she went back to sleep, Frog was up and at 'em. Sugar Daddy is busy with his thesis (he has to give it to his professor for final review on Thursday) so he came home long enough to eat and give me about a 20 minute break. He left again and I was alone w/ the kids until 10pm. We all got to bed pretty soon after that and I did have a good night's sleep. So, I can't complain too much. But, it was definitely a busy day.

Once SD gets his thesis in, he's not going to have a lot to do. This makes me SUPER happy. There's even talk of having a visit from his brother this weekend. It's always good having another set of hands around...plus it's fun to have him (you can visit anytime, Eric!). I'm confident that I'll be able to finish Clapotis by the end of the weekend. Wahoo!

I also just found out that I don't have school April 7th or April 15th. One is for an inservice. The other is for a snow make-up day that we didn't have to take this year. Having been both a teacher and a student, I am confident in saying that teachers look forward to the days off more than the students do.

2 comments:

  1. Yep! You must have a brood in your house. I laugh and laugh at that "sleep when the baby sleeps" advice once you have more than one child. I'm glad you will have some helping hands soon.

    As to your next post, I quit commenting about babies #3 and #4 being "surprises" in front of them about 6 mos. ago. They don't understand yet, but I decided to get out of that habit before they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Blogger really is being a poop this week -- this is the first time I've been able to leave a comment for you or Melessa because it times out before the comment page even loads. I don't trust the Internet, so I usually type up my posts in a word processor (and spell-check them -- I'm a terrible typist!) before copying and pasting into my blog.

    About your Clapotis -- did you follow the pattern exactly and make it the full size? I started a Clapotis over the weekend and it seems like it's going to be really large. I'm still on the increase rows, and I wonder if I should go to the straight rows right now and make it narrower than the pattern dictates. How do you feel about yours?

    ReplyDelete