Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, October 20, 2008

I Made it Myself-- Paris Magnet Gift Box



This week I had a goal of making some cute packaging for my Paris Map Marble Magnets. They have sold well on etsy but I wanted a clever way to show them at craft fairs and have them be "ready made" gifts for people doing their holiday shopping. This is what I came up with.

It is a 3 X 3 pizza style box. I put some vintage looking postcard paper (layered on black) on the top and wrapped the top with some black ribbon. I cut out a tag using the postcard paper and added the sentiment, "To You From Me" on the same paper as the box (Sahara Sand).

The back of the tag is lined with red so you can write a little personal note on it. The tag is tied to the black ribbon using some linen thread.


I really love how they turned out and I can't wait to see how they do at the open house I'm participating in this weekend. I'll be listing the leftovers in my shop next week.

Wouldn't these be a great gift idea for your favorite world traveling friend or how about your child's French teacher? I need to find an awesome map of Mexico so I can make some for me. I will always be Senora Nelson.

I'm also working on making some state related magnets. I have the supplies---I just haven't started them yet. I'm wondering if those might be better as custom orders? Like, magnets from all the cities you've lived, places you want to visit, where you were born, etc...? I still need to figure out how I'm going to work that out in my head.

At any rate...I loved making these little gift boxes. I wonder what I'll make next week?

Do you have something to share today for I Made it Myself? Post your own creations here!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the 'cities you've lived in' idea! Super fantasitic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding! I can't access Mr. Linky from the office...it is blocked. :(

    Love your magnet gift box, such a cute way to wrap the magnets!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:28 PM

    They would make nice housewarming gifts for people who are relocating to a different state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute! I love them. I like the idea of custom orders of places you've visited. Maybe a Mormon idea would be cities your missionary served in.

    ReplyDelete