Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Every Limbo Boy and Girl

Saturday night was a big roller skating activity for the Autism Family Network here in town. If you are in Lincoln and are affected in some way by autism, SEEK OUT THIS GROUP! They have such great family activities and meetings and are just a great support to all the families in the area. They rented out Skate Zone for any of the families that wanted to come. My last trip there was quite memorable so I made sure to stay off the skates this time. The employees were so kind and very accommodating. They didn't put on the crazy lights and they kept the music at a reasonable level. They also didn't care if kids (or parents) were out there running around without skates. We just had to make sure we were going with the flow of the skating traffic.

Our kids LOVED skating! Eva's rollers were pretty tight so it didn't take her very long to venture off without holding on to anyone. By the end of the night she was lifting up one leg and trying to spin around like Ice Princess.


I had to take Caleb's skates back to be tightened because his first couple of times around about killed me and Carl. We couldn't hold him up. Once his skates were fixed he became a little more daring. He even played Limbo.


The kids got pretty good about going around the rink so I turned my attention to the raffles and silent auction. I bought 10 raffle tickets. I put them in the buckets for $25 to the movies, $30 to a hairstylist, $45 for a pedicure from heaven (my own wording). I won the haircut & style. AWESOME! It is for Classic Styles which is within walking distance of my house (48th & Calvert for the locals). The owner has a child with autism. I can't wait for my last haircut disaster to grow out enough to make it worth going!

They also had a bunch of t-shirts leftover from the walk that they were giving away.
I got 10. I gave some to the girls that go with us on our Safari outings and Mary.

There was also a silent auction for this quilt.
I won it. I'm almost embarrassed about how little I actually paid for it. I certainly could not have made it for that price. I absolutely love it and this quilt was actually the inspiration for finding the pattern and talking about it here.

It was an awesome afternoon and we had such a great time. It was an excellent way to celebrate Father's Day.

8 comments:

  1. That's cool. I'm all over the reasonable music and un-psychotic lights. Wish I could find something like that here for my son. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love that quilt too! Some people have all the luck;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy and Carl,

    We are so excited to find your blog (through a comment on Tracy's)! The last time we saw you both, you had just picked up Caleb, and now look, you have two beautiful little ones. Reading your blog made me realize how long it has been since I have been roller skating. It looks like you all had a great time! We look forward to keeping up with you through your blog.

    Sharon and Robby

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI SHARON! Your family sure has grown since we last saw you! I'm so happy to see how things have turned out. I hope you like Indiana! We sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so relieved your bottom is still intact. When I saw the roller skating pictures I was immediately concerned about your rear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. I learned my lesson from last time! I think my skating days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:53 AM

    Congratulations! You're pretty lucky, and that's a GREAT quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:57 PM

    Loved the pictures as usual. I'm glad you had a good time. And that quilt is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete