Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 07, 2008

SMART Habit Saturday


Last week I stated that my goal was to not waste the time I have while my kids are at the sitter's house. I thought that keeping a tally of what I get accomplished would be a good motivator. Then I decided I would keep track of all that I can get done while the kids are at home. This only includes things I've done for the house, my business, or myself. You can assume that the rest of my time is spent playing, being a referree, and feeding people.

Here goes:

Monday:
HOME
5 loads of laundry (folded but not all put away)
picked up the pillows from the floor about 12 times

BUSINESS
Started an etsy team called Lincoln Handmade. If you are in Lincoln, NE and have an etsy shop, consider joining the group! I'm still waiting on etsy for ultimate approval on the group but I set up a flickr group to get us started and keep us up to date once we're official.

ME
Wrote some blog posts
read some blogs
finished a Lizard Ridge square

Tuesday:
HOME
3 loads of laundry
cleaned up the entryway
took out the trash
cleaned off the dining room table
sorted mail

WORK
worked on a tote bag
bought some supplies

ME
out to lunch (Arby's--yum)
watched an episode of Lost

Wednesday:
HOME
2 loads of laundry (darn those potty training kids!)

WORK
practiced sewing

ME
caught up on some blog reading

Thursday:
HOME
1 load of laundry
grocery shopping/coupon clipping
cleaned up the kitchen
went to the bank and post office

WORK
checked out some internet leads
sent a few feelers
cleaned my workspace

ME
haircut, pedicure

Friday:
HOME
packed a bag
1 load of laundry--I'm all caught up. Sheets, towels, clothes, etc... I'll start again next week when I come back home and see the piles. It never ends.

WORK
took some pictures of items to post later on etsy

ME
left for Girls Weekend 2008!!!

Today:
I am in Kansas City and that means no housework---just ME TIME!

For next week, I'm going to have a better work plan. I got a little sidetracked doing other things in my office besides actual "work". Funny how that happens sometimes. But, I'm not going to think about that now. I just want to think about the awesome cheesy corn bake I ate at Jack Stack's! I'm sure I'll post my Girls Weekend Update on Monday or Tuesday. Check back for all the details!

*yes, I'm really posting this at 3:30am. Don't ask.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I told you the cheesy corn was heavlnly yummy! I am so glad you enjoyed it, and I will see you in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm. . .you're with Shannon. . .of COURSE you're posting at 3:30am!! I'm so jealous. . .I should've just come with you guys. . .instead I'm clearing out a broken fridge and going shopping for a new one. AND it's like 300% humidity today.

    ReplyDelete