Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Made it Myself


Welcome to our first installment of I Made it Myself! If you'd like to participate, read through the guidelines and then show us all what you made!

I'm trying to become the boss of my sewing machine.

These little baby shoes are so quick and easy to make! I used some fabric I got from Hobby Lobby. It is 100% cotton and I used two layers of the fabric for some stability. I didn't add an interfacing because I thought that might make them a little too stiff. I really like the way they turned out.

I liked them so much that I made a card and a bib to match.


This card is one of my new all-time favorites. I've been doing a lot with the circle punch lately. I don't know why. The colors match the fabric perfectly and I just love how it all came together.

I listed the booties, bib and the card as a set in my etsy shop.

What did you make this week? Share it here!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:53 AM

    I'm so excited about this....I can't wait to see what everyone has made. Love the idea!!!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I've never seen this function before on a blog! Thank You!

    Blessings -

    Christa
    Chloe Rose
    http://chloerosedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to learn to make those booties, I have a baby shower for my hubby's cousin in October. I think it's the elastic that is throwing me off! Looks complicated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea. Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knit&purl---So super easy! You'd be able to figure it out in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make quilt blocks, handmade baby items, iron-on patches, that need no sewing and much much more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you from Maren's blog (and several other's from Indiana (I moved here right after you left I guess) - too bad, as I love to knit too!
    This is a great idea and I hope ti helps me keep better record of what I make...
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Your booties and coordinating card are so cute! I am plotting what to make this week so I can participate in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea...although not sure it is for our purses...we'll be spending anything we earn on all of these lovely things.
    I love your booties. I made some of those for my little girl when she was a baby and they were fab.
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your great idea. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete