The day is half over and I haven't blogged yet!
Here is what's new:
1. Caleb has a loose tooth. Wendy, my tooth guru, told Carl that everything was okay and he's probably just going to start losing his teeth earlier than expected. I did some checking around online and there are other 4 1/2 year olds that this has happened to so I'm not as freaked out as I was before. It just doesn't seem right that my kid can already be losing teeth!
2. Caleb started swim lessons today. He freaked out only because we had to wait to get into the pool. Once he was in there he was a pro! Hopefully now that he knows the routine, he'll be better for me. I did have to use some creative rewards (aka: bribes) to get him out of the pool and into his dry clothes.
3. Carl has his flight to France booked and he leaves tomorrow afternoon. He had to reschedule one appointment and push back another but it looks like everything is going to be fine. All he has really missed is his free time in Rouen (where he served for several months on his mission). I missed out on sock yarn, too. Small price to pay for having my husband here this weekend. I needed that.
4. We scored a free bunk bed. I've been looking for one for ages. By ages I mean about a month. I don't know for sure yet if it can be two stand alone beds or not.
5. I'm working hard on getting all of my county fair and state fair entries finished. The county fair entrants need to be turned in on the 30th and the state fair ones are due on the 16th of August.