Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Worlds Of Fun

Last weekend we went to 4 different states in less than 3 hours. For people in New England, this probably isn't any big deal. Out in the Midwest, it gets a little more difficult. We drove from Lincoln, NE to Olathe, KS and on the way passed through Iowa and Missouri. We had Carl's brother, Jared, visiting us from California so we decided to make a trip to see their Aunt Judy and go to Worlds of Fun. I took zero pictures at Aunt Judy's house (sorry Janet--I dropped the ball on that one) but I did get some good shots at the amusement park.

Having Jared there was really nice. We didn't have to go on any of the bigger rides alone. I skipped out on the Mamba (holy moly--I'm getting too old for this stuff) but Carl and Jared liked it. The best roller coaster was the Patriot. After about an hour break, I could have done it again.

The kids rides at Camp Snoopy were ideal. I will definitely go back there. Caleb and Eva loved the Red Baron ride, even though they didn't learn how to make it go up and down (just as well).

This ride had horses that just went around and around. Eva had a smile on her face the whole time!

Caleb asked to ride 'Mary Poppins'--which could only mean one thing! The carousel.

We also had dinner with the missionaries one of the nights Jared was here. We had lasagna. Eva ate it up!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I have a picture of me when I'm about 5 years old standing by the line start at the Red Baron ride!! I'm standing by the little guy with his arm out that says "Ze Baron inzists no taller zan zis." I LOVED that ride!

    I need to get my kids there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you loved it. I hope to go back someday. I'm so glad we went! What a great amusement park!

    Did you do the Wacky Worm in Camp Snoopy?? Nathan looked forward to that for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad you all had a good time. As for me, I don't do roller coasters and such. The Camp Snoopy rides would be my limit. I've always been a bit of a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad, Janet. You're too tall for all of the Camp Snoopy rides! ;) Except for the Wacky Worm. Yep, Tiffany--that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete