Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Knitting? What Knitting?

By the end of the day today I will have all of the stockings done for Kayli. I may be up all night (not really--I'm so close---if the kids cooperate I may even have them in the mail to go out tonight). I'll post pictures of them tomorrow.

The stockings aren't a good traveling project so when I'm out and about I've been working on other things. I made a headband for my uncle Ron (as per his Christmas request) and now I'm using the leftover Cascade 220 to make a felted bag.

I'm going to need to make some more of my Nebraska ornaments. They are at a craft fair this weekend along with my other stuff. It's an in home show down the street from Wendy. I went to set up last night and I couldn't believe all the great stuff that this lady has. She's working on getting a website together but a lot of her things are made out of old chenille. She made the cutest little girl pants with fringe. Next time I go over I'll see if she'll let me post some pictures of things on my blog.

On Tuesday my favorite etsy seller had a yarn update. I sat by my computer and refreshed for a half hour until the yarn that I've been coveting came up. This is the self-striping Gryffindor colorway sock yarn. They will make fabulous socks and I can't wait until it gets here! She had 8 available and by the time I had finished selecting mine for purchase, they were all gone. I was lucky to get my skein while they lasted. I even got a Sockret Pal discount! Woohoo!

I think that's it for the knitting going on around here. I have a lot of things I want to finish up before Christmas and a lot of things I just want to finish (Carl's drunken argyle, for instance--haven't touched it for 2 months!). I only have so much time in the day for knitting. Those darn kids. They want food, attention, clean bottoms, etc...

In other news: Emmitt won! I wasn't sad. All of my votes went to Mario for his superb breakdancing skillz (I don't think I'm young or cool enough to spell it like that...but, oh well) but that doesn't mean I don't love Emmitt! I wonder who they'll get to dance on next season. I'd love to see Scott Baio on there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment