Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, March 10, 2008

Silver Lining

Before we decided that medication was a serious option for Caleb, our home life was pretty volatile. Caleb could go off the handle for (seemingly) no reason so I couldn't anticipate or divert it. Everyday I was being hit/pushed/yelled at/etc... Same for Eva. As soon as Caleb got off the bus it would start. Last week I was talking with Caleb's behavioral psychologist and we were remembering those dark times to try to put his latest behaviors into perspective. He really has improved so much. We still have lots of challenges but I don't think we'll ever have to go back to what it was like just over 6 months ago.

Here is a short list of some of the good things going on around here with Caleb and Eva.

1. They have learned how to "switch". I can count to 20 and then say "switch" for them to take turns on their favorite toys (trampoline, piano). Works about 70% of the time.

2. Caleb has learned that he can get a drink of water or go to his room to calm down (50% of the time).

3. They can play together for longer periods of time without parental intervention.

4. They go to bed at a reasonable hour and stay there.

5. I only had to pull them apart 4 times while writing this post.

6. I was able to write this post while both of them are home.

7. LPS is going to re-evaluate Eva for her behavior at the request of the behavioral psychologist. She might qualify for some type of services after all.

8. All day kindergarten is a good thing.

Uh, oh. I hear crying.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what six months can do. I'm so glad that things are getting easier.

    ReplyDelete