Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter (no spoilers)

The Crafty Conservative

I finished the 6th Harry Potter book before I went to bed last night. SD doesn't read as quickly as me so I've been dying to talk about what happens. It'll be weeks before he's done.

I just have to mention a couple of things (this will not give away anything). Harry and Dumbledore go to visit an old Hogwarts professor. Dumbledore wants to give Harry a chance to speak with him alone so he goes to the bathroom (this is in a Muggle house). He is there for a while and when he comes back, he comments on how he loves Muggle magazines...especially the knitting patterns! Secondly, Mrs. Weasley's sweater for Ron isn't the usual initial...it's a sweater with a golden snitch on it. Hmmm. When will we start seeing patterns for this? Although, I'm still wanting a pattern for the socks that Harry, Ron, & Hermione bought in Hogsmeade (book 4) for Dobby. One has broomsticks and the other has snitches.

I don't have much time to write anything else as I should be getting myself and my family ready for church. Just had to get this off my chest. Much, much more later.

p.s. I also re-read The Hobbit this week.

2 comments:

  1. i finished earlier today! i loved it... i'm going to go back and read all 6 in a row now....as i do each time another boook is let out..i can't wait for the last instalment in the series

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished it late last night-I just may have to use some of my cell phone rollover minutes to call and chat about the book since Dave is "too cool" for Harry Potter.
    I saw John et al at the Harry Potter release party the other night. It was Natalie's first one.

    ReplyDelete