Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Toasty


We haven't had a fire in our wood burning stove since we moved in because I was scared of the kids touching it while it was hot. They have made it a habit of running around the stove while playing downstairs so I had Carl desing the stove crib. We're going to stain it to match the rest of the woodwork in the house. It's not pretty, but it serves its purpose.

The fire makes such a difference downstairs. I sat by it all evening while watching the Super Bowl. Yep, I watched it. I'm not usually a big fan of pro football (I much prefer college) but after living in Indiana, I feel sort of obliged to root for the Colts. However, being a kid in the 80's, I feel sort of obliged to root for Da Bears. It looks like the Colts are going to do it. As I write this there is 1:56 left in the 4th.

How about that halftime show? I absolutely LOVE Prince. Even Carl has converted over to being a fan. It was the best halftime show I've seen in a long time (sure beats the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake fiasco).

The commercials? The Career Builder commercials have been the highlight in my opinion. They were standouts last year as well. Last year they had the chimps. This year they are doing a Lord of the Flies/Suvivor theme. Good stuff.

Good thing I'm watching the commercials because otherwise I wouldn't know that Survivor is starting this week and that The Amazing Race All-Star edition is starting in two weeks.

I also kept knitting on my blue cardigan. I have the left front finished and I'm almost done with the back. That leaves the right front and two sleeves to go. I might have it finished in time for fall. It's kind of slow going and I've been getting distracted with other projects.

The kids were really good today and they were really cuddly. It must have been the effects of the fire. Toasty.

4 comments:

  1. I think the last time I watched the SuperBowl it was with you back when the Cowboys won. But, I had to see if my buddy John's Colts could pull it off and they did! (Pestering text messages from me and Chris to him abounded-he was AT THE GAME!) It was a good game and since none of my Sooners played for da Bears, it made it easier to root for the Colts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Carl!!

    And Yippee to Survivor and Amazing Race (did you see Amber and Rob are back?? I've been watching their other reality show (against the odds. . .about him becoming a pro poker player). . .I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 PM

    The fire looks SO COZY. I love a good fire, especially because it's the guys that have to make it. That fence around it is a marvelous idea. I would also be so concerned about the kids getting burned. To be honest, once or twice I have almost touched the stove absent-mindedly.

    ReplyDelete