I've been working on this off and on for about a month now. I figured I should finally post it.
1. I was born in California.
2. I tell people I'm from Oklahoma.
3. I moved to Oklahoma when I was almost 14 years old and my family still lives there.
4. I skipped 2nd grade.
5. I was pretty smart back then.
6. I developed very early.
7. I'm glad I skipped a grade or I would have been the only 3rd grader to wear a bra and 4th grader to start her cycle.
8. I lived in Chowchilla, Ca until I was 10 years old.
9. Chowchilla is "famous" for having a bus full of kids kidnapped and buried alive.
10. They all survived and my bus driver was the one kidnapped.
11. I legally changed the spelling of my first name from Cristy to Christy.
12. My dad trains race horses.
13. I can't stand horses.
14. I'm not very good at all at riding horses and it is a family joke.
15. I've broken both of my arms (one falling off my grandpa's back, the other falling off a horse).
16. I love black licorice.
17. For almost 5 years I lived in a log cabin with no TV (Tehachapi, Ca).
18. I read a lot of books and listened to a lot of radio.
19. Consequently, I know almost every pop song from 1985-1989.
20. I play the piano and off and on for 10 years, I taught others how to play.
21. I met my best friend a few weeks after we moved to Oklahoma in 1989.
22. Hi Tiffany!
23. There were only 48 people in my graduating class.
24. Most of them were related to each other.
25. I haven't kept in touch with anyone from high school and I don't really regret it.
26. I was a clumsy cheerleader.
27. We won the state academic team championship.
28. I wasn't the valedictorian (or salutatorian).
29. I graduated just a few weeks after I turned 17.
30. I decided to go to the University of Oklahoma.
31. I started studying Journalism but switched to Communication after I couldn't pass Macroeconomics to save my life.
32. I graduated in 4 years.
33. I met my husband the day he got off the plane to come to college.
34. I wasn't too impressed and he doesn't even remember meeting me.
35. We started dating on September 28, 1994.
36. He didn't tell his parents until Christmas break.
37. My mom told me I could do so much better.
38. Now my mom tells him the same thing.
39. I was the president of Lambda Delta Sigma for 2 years.
40. Those were some of the funnest times of my life.
41. I made some of my best friends at the Institute of Religion on the OU campus.
42. Hi Melessa!
43. I'm a dork.
44. I served a mission for my church starting just 2 months after I graduated from college.
45. I went to Guadalajara, Mexico.
46. I was sick about 45% of the time but it was so worth it!
47. I got engaged 6 weeks after I got home.
48. I got married on Aug 7, 1998 in Dallas, Texas.
49. My father-in-law frowned through the entire ceremony.
50. My husband and I both "waited" until we were married. We don't regret it one bit.
51. We tried to have kids right away.
52. Looking back, I'm glad that didn't work out.
53. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
54. It makes me fat, hairy, cranky, and infertile.
55. We moved to Lafayette, Indiana in 2000 so my husband could go to grad school.
56. I had my first "real job" teaching high school Spanish.
57. Some of the other jobs I've had include: amusement park ride operator, Denny's hostess, and bilingual customer service rep at Hertz.
58. I went through several different treatments to try to get pregnant. I drew the line at IVF.
59. I'm kind of wimpy.
60. Five months (to the day) after we decided to adopt, our first child was born. We were at the hospital just 12 hours after his birth.
61. We were at the hospital when our daughter was born. We waited in the "Father's Waiting Room". The birth grandmother came in and told us, "Es una niña" (translation: It's a girl).
62. I thought it would be easier to write this list than it is.
63. I love making and eating Rice Krispie Treats and I usually "sculpt" them into something.
64. Did I mention I'm a dork?
65. I taught myself to knit about a year ago. I haven't stopped since.
66. I am addicted to Stampin' Up.
67. I like coming up with money making schemes.
68. I rarely put them into practice.
69. I love planning things. I often thought that I would be an event planner.
70. I've been to England, France, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Spain, The Netherlands, Haiti, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, and 30 states in the U.S.
71. There are lots of other places I'd like to visit including China, Japan, and Australia.
72. My favorite color is burgundy.
73. My favorite singer is Neil Diamond.
74. I like doing genealogy.
75. I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan and I love it.
76. I want to be famous for something someday.
77. I don't do dishes unless I absolutely have to. It makes me gag.
78. A lot of things make me gag (especially Rice Krispies floating in water...which is why I won't do dishes).
79. I think I'm a "super-smeller". I have an excellent sense of smell.
80. Cigarette smoke makes me really mad and sick to my stomach.
81. I love watching college football.
82. Nebraska fans are the craziest I've ever seen (and I was a student at the University of Oklahoma...I thought they were crazy).
83. My husband is a professor of engineering. He looks like he's maybe 21 yrs. old.
84. I've never missed an episode of Survivor.
86. I like watching All My Children.
87. My dad and grandpa used to watch it when I was growing up. It came on right as they were done with their morning chores.
88. I don't have any pets.
89. I like it that way.
90. I can't believe I'm almost done.
91. We're probably going to adopt again. Maybe two more. Don't hold me to this.
92. I have weak ankles (which is probably why I was a clumsy cheerleader).
93. I love being LDS (Mormon).
94. I like being in charge.
95. I'm a backseat driver.
96. I get really carsick, too.
97. I can't stand camping.
98. I don't like eating outdoors.
99. My favorite candies are Bit o Honey and Twix bars.
100. My favorite drink is Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi.