Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, February 07, 2005

We interrupt this "adoption" blog for some knitting...

The Crafty Conservative

For the contest, go here.

I was sick most of the weekend and after I got over my feelings of intense slothfullness, I decided to do some knitting. I'm almost to the neck shaping on the back of Sugar Daddy's "I'm gonna be a professor" sweater vest. I'm using Cascade 220. I love it. It's knitting up rather nicely. The worst thing is the guage...7 rows per inch! Ouch! I think it ends up being around 24-25" long. That's a lot of rows. Oh well. It is going to be a most excellent sweater vest.

HELP!!! I've been desperately trying to find a pattern for a Harry Potter sweater. You know, the ones Mrs. Weasley makes for all her kids and Harry? There was a Weasley-a-long but I haven't been able to find any place that carries the pattern anymore. There aren't any on eBay. What can I do? I want to make these for my 10 and 11 year old brothers for Christmas. I guess I could just make a raglan sweater and make my own chart for the letter. I want to make an "S" and a "J". Any suggestions?

I'm starting to get a box together to send to my Secret Pal. For obvious reasons, I can't let you know what I'm sending. BUT...it's really hard for me not to want to keep all of the goodies for myself.

I'm missing our local SnB meeting AGAIN! I'm really starting to get upset. I was out of town for two, sick for one, and now I have a committment at school to keep me from tonight's. We're celebrating World Languages Week this week and there is a big production tonight called "One Community, Many Cultures". In this town, it's really true. I love living in a community with a university. There is going to be lots of food and my students came up with a "dramatic interpretation" of the song "Escapar" by Enrique Iglesias. Should be fabulous! So, I guess it is a good cause as to why I'm missing SnB again, but only the birth of our baby can keep me from the next one!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us tonight. We'll miss you!!

    Samantha
    http://www.stitchnbitchlafayette.us

    ReplyDelete