Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Scarves, shawls, socks, and sweaters (oh my)

The Crafty Conservative

I want to knit knit knit. But, what the heck do I do with some of this stuff when I'm done? I'm not the shawl-wearing type but I'm drawn to them! Do I become a shawl-wearer? What exactly IS the shawl-wearing type and why am I not one of them? How do I join the club?

Also, how many scarves can one person have? I have two but I only wear one. I'm thinking of frogging the other and making one that I'll like a little more. I know of some people that have five or more. I'm sure there are some knit enthusiasts that have even more than that. Can I justify having that many scarves and/or shawls?

Is my fashion going to be predicated by what I can knit for myself?

1 comment:

  1. I think that you can become a shawl wearer. Start with something small, like a triangle shawlette, it's just a little bigger than a scarf, and it keeps you surprisingly warm. I wear mine with jeans, or with skirts to church. I have worked up to larger shawls, and now buy fabric shawls to go with my dressy dresses as well. They are lots of fun to knit, and even if you never become a shawl wearer, you can always give them away.

    ReplyDelete