Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, February 21, 2005

Dressing Up

The Crafty Conservative

Melessa at But I digress wrote a fabulous post about a necklace. I've known her for over ten years now (get outta here! How can that be?) and I know her family. I don't know if that made it more meaningful to me, or not, but I am so proud of you, girl!

Melessa's necklace post, along with sitting next to a fabulously dressed girl at church yesterday made me contemplate my own "fashion". I must use this term very lightly as what I wear could not truly be considered fashion. I dress up just enough not to get in trouble at work (even though we don't have a dress code...we're supposed to look a little professional for the students). If I didn't have to get dressed for my job, I doubt I would get dressed at all. As soon as SD gets a job and we move, I'll be a full-time SAHM. I can really see myself "letting myself go" (more than I have already). This is very scary to me. So, I'm going to do something about it.

I have lots of great jewelry. Okay, not great. But, okay. I'm going to wear it. I'm going to wear some piece of jewelry everyday. Jewelry doesn't go with sweats so I'll avoid those. I always feel better about myself when I look good. And, gosh darn it, I usually get more done, too. There you have it. I thank you, Melessa. I thank you, fashionable lady at church. I think my husband will thank you, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment