Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, February 04, 2005

Money money money money....MONEY!

The Crafty Conservative

Unfortunately, this is what we need to continue with our adoption plans. For the contest...go here.

This is not a plea for money. You don't have to feel sorry for me or try and send me any (I will accept Hershey's Nuggets milk chocolate w/ almonds and toffee---ha ha). That's not what this post is about. It's just a little mini-rant about what I'm dealing with at the moment.

SD is getting his PhD at Purdue. They pay us surprisingly well. I teach part-time (as does SD). We're not going to starve and I'll still be able to buy some yarn here and there (whew!). But, now that we have a birthmother, we have to pay a lot of things up front which means large lump sums all in one month. OUCH! If it were spread out over 2-3 months we would barely be able to "feel the pinch". Compared to the Frog's adoption, this one is a BARGAIN! Alas...I need to send $1500 out to random people (lawyers, agencies, etc...) TODAY. Looks like I'll be going back to the credit cards we haven't been using for over a year (in our effort to get rid of debt).

I must admit...this is all TOTALLY worth it. I'll just consider it my "hospital bill".

1 comment:

  1. "Money, money, money, it's a rich man's world!"

    Just thought I would provide you with another catchy money song to get stuck in your head all day. I listen to my Mamma Mia soundtrack just a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete