Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Five Years Later

I've been chugging away on this blog for FIVE YEARS now. I can't believe it. Seems like so long ago and just the other day all at once. Kind of like a kid. My middle kid. Younger than Caleb but older than Eva.

To celebrate, I thought I'd share five of my favorite posts. Some are funny, some are sweet, some are random. Kind of like this blog. Thanks for hanging in there with me, guys!

1. 100 Things About Me (written in 2005). For the most part, they all still apply. Number 91? Like I said, don't hold me to that one.

2. I Am, I Said. I love Neil Diamond. What can I say?

3. Pass the Doughnut. I haven't roller skated since and it was a good 18 months before my bum fully recovered.

4. The Life of a Champion. Gold medal knitting at its finest.

5. This Just In (or out). One of the greatest days of my life.


Honorable mention:
Choose to Rock! Pat Benatar concert.
1st Annual Girls Weekend. How much fun did we have?


Do you have a favorite post from long ago? Share it in the comments!


5 comments:

  1. I forgot that I had a "shout out" in your 100 things post. It made me smile. I loved the days when you had nicknames for Carl and the kids and I still think "Sugar Daddy" sometimes before I think "Carl." But not as much when I think of the kids' names. I'm using my Michael's coupon this week to buy circular knitting needles-random info, but you know you inspired the purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Reading your blogs are the highlight of my day!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really. . .thinking about those "women" at the Pat Benatar concert still scares me a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember how I came upon your blog but it inspired me to start mine. Thanks for that and all that you've shared.

    ReplyDelete