Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cleaning House


This is probably the most clean room in my house at the moment. You can't even see the worst of it in the picture. I can get my kids to pick up the pillows. But, it requires a huge effort and sometimes it is just easier for me to do it. Five times a day. If I did. Instead, I leave them on the floor until I can't stand it anymore or I force the kids to do it.
In other rooms of the house I'm working on decluttering. In the past week I've ditched 3 bags full of toys. The floors are still covered. Do they multipy? What's the deal? I'm almost ready to get rid of EVERYTHING and start over.
Decluttering is a great thing to do right before the holidays. Especially right before the holiday shopping season. It makes me realize even more that we need less stuff. I've already asked the grandparents not to send gifts this year. Instead they are going to contribute to our yearly passes to the zoo and Children's museum. A gift that keeps giving...without the clutter!

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear that Im not the only one to suffer from these dilemmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat. I like the Christmas idea. Sometimes it is better to get them things to DO instread of more stuff.

    ReplyDelete