Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Boomer Sooner


On Nov 1st I attended the OU/Nebraska game down in Norman. Oooh boy. That was SO MUCH FUN! I went with my dad. My grandpa and Barbara are season ticket holders so we rode with them. They have a parking pass for the parking garage attached to the stadium so we got to drive right on campus to get there. I will totally admit that I was tearing up. I have such great memories from OU and I love that campus. Most days I'm glad I'm not 19 anymore but the next time I go back to Norman I'm definitely taking some time to walk around campus.

Here are a few of the pictures I took at the game.

This picture was a happy accident. The Sooners were warming up right in front of our section. I zoomed in to get this shot of Coach Stoops but look at the name of the player in the background! I didn't notice that until I uploaded the pictures to my computer the next day.


This shot I took right as we were about to make our first touchdown. I wanted to give you all an idea of how close we were. I didn't use the zoom at all on this shot. There were a few Sooner fans in our section but we were definitely outnumbered. Once the score was 28-0 I started feeling really bad and started cheering for the Huskers to make at least one touchdown. They were really outmatched this year. I can't wait until the OU/Nebraska games are like they used to be. Maybe in a few more years?


The sunset was beautiful and we had a great time! I'll have Barbara buy my tickets from OU for next year's game so I'll be able to sit with the Sooner fans and won't feel so self conscious cheering for my team!

The drive home to Nebraska the next day was fun because everywhere we stopped there were Husker fans returning from the game. I even spotted a couple OU fans with Nebraska plates.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I haven't been to a game in years. Other teachers are always selling their tickets for games, but they are SOOOO expensive. I just can't fork out that kind of money.

    ReplyDelete