Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Unexpected Shopping

Last night I drove up to Omaha to go to the temple. I didn't quite make it on time because of traffic. So instead of waiting around for another 90 minutes for the next session, I went shopping. I stopped at Target to see if they had any bug barns. Sorry, Kerry. No luck. The Target is connected to a shopping mall so I went to Children's Place. I went there earlier this week with Wendy (in Lincoln) and didn't find anything. At this one I found some pants, dress shoes, and a shirt for Caleb and a skirt for Eva. Grand total? $18.

On my way out of town I stopped at Wheatfields. I thought I would bring a treat home for Carl for leaving work a little early (not early enough, I guess) so I could go to the temple. They have a $1 table and I scored a bag of huge sandwich rolls and a giant loaf of sourdough. Yum!

When I got back to Lincoln, I went to the grocery store to get some of the store deals before they expired. I got: 4 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 1 box of Lucky Charms, 2 Dole salad mixes, some shredded carrots, a 16 oz. bottle of Ranch dressing, bananas and a cucumber. Grand total? $11. Yep. $11. I saved $3.75 with coupons for the cereal, $1 on the salad mixes with coupons and the store special was to get carrots, dressing, cucumber, and tomatoes (they were out of those) for free with the salad mix purchase. I had to pay full price for the bananas. Otherwise, my shopping total would have been less than $10. Good stuff. Kind of makes up for the gas money I spent driving all the way to Omaha.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Christy! I appreciate your efforts!

    ReplyDelete