Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, February 15, 2008

Pulled Pork and Purging

Root Beer Pulled Pork

1 two-three pound pork sirloin roast
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium onions, cut into wedges
1-2 cans root beer (NOT DIET!)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup bottled chili sauce

Stick the meat into a crock pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onion, 1 cup root beer, and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.

For the sauce, stir 3 cups root beer and chili sauce in a saucepan. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer about 30 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.

We take the pork out of the crockpot, drizzle on the sauce (sometimes I even put the sauce in the crockpot) and then eat it on hamburger buns with lettuce...or we just eat it right out of the crockpot whenever we pass by. It is delicious!


Purging Toys

When I purge toys I find it best if I do it when Carl isn't around. He grows attached to toys and thinks the kids actually play with them. I'm around all day and I know that they haven't seen any kid action for months. I'm really ready to get down to the bare minimum of toys. The kids each have 4 bins in their rooms (the canvas totes from Target) and there is one toybox in the family room. I'm going to have each tote be a designated toy type (trains, cars, dolls, etc...) and put a picture on the bin. That way the kids can clean up after themselves better. If they haven't played with the toys in a while, they are gone. If they are worthy of donation, I'll do that (or save them for my sister). Otherwise, they are going in the trash. Good fun if I can get around to it. I've been working on getting out from under a pile of mail and magazines.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree on the purging of toys - I try to get to it at least twice a year. But it can only be done if the boys and Lance are out of the house because they all become attached! :) They're so sure that I'm throwing away their favorite toys, even though they would never notice if the toys just 'disappeared'.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That title made me wonder. The pulled pork sounds delicious. I am wondering what kind of chili sauce you would use? Would you find it next to the marinades and salad dressings in the store? David was in the Army so all we have is tabasco sauce.(the Army used to put little bottles of tabasco in the MREs(meals ready to eat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda-
    You find chili sauce right next to the ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than purgeing all the toys. Keep the best ones in a closet or safe place. In about three months bring them out and the kids will play with them like they have a whole bunch of new toys.

    ReplyDelete