Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tagged Again

I got tagged for a meme about books. I have absolutely nothing else to write about today so I figured I would get right on this. Plus, Sugar Daddy worked at home today so he's letting me have a "break" right now. Well, he thinks I'm working on Relief Society business. I am, kind of. I've got stuff printing as I type.

I'm supposed to list 15 facts and/or personal preferences about books and then tag three more people. Melessa tagged me.

1. My favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas. I love long books and this one is so great. It's got great details, the story moves along, and I love books about revenge. Those who know me personally will not find this surprising. I'm trying to be better, though.

2. My friend, Catherine, turned me on the the Georgia Nicholson books by Louise Rennison. The first one is called Angus, Thongs, and Full-frontal Snogging. They are fictional diaries of a 14 yr. old girl. Hilarious and full of red bottomosity (there's a glossary at the back of the book to help all of us here in Hamburger-a-go-go land).

3. I started a big rift in my last book group by suggesting we read Memoirs of a Geisha. Some people (okay, really just one person) thought it was too dirty. She left the book group and we've been reading some great dirty books ever since.

4. I like to read cookbooks but I don't consider myself a great cook. I rarely try the recipes. I just like to read about food and it gives me ideas for my own creations. I love Rick Bayless' cookbooks and The Joy of Cooking.

5. When I lived in Tehachapi, CA (age 10-14) we didn't get TV reception. I read a lot of books during that time.

6. Right now the only book I'm reading is The Book of Mormon.

7. I usually read 2 books at a time (not including scriptures).

8. I like to read in the bathroom. I always keep something in there. It's quiet.

9. I can't go to the library and check out just one book. I load up my bag even though I know there is no way that I'll get around to reading them all. I like to have variety.

10. I can't think of a movie that has ever been better than the book version.

11. My favorite books are historical fiction.

12. I've been to 2 tapings of Oprah's Book Club (Anna Karenina and One Hundred Years of Solitude).

13. My book group is currently reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I started it but I'm not going to finish it. I don't know why. I just didn't feel compelled to read it, I guess. I'm not going to be able to make it to book group this month either. Maybe that's why.

14. I love the Lemony Snicket books but I don't like to read them. I'd rather listen to them on tape. I hated the movie.

15. I'm going to start re-reading the Harry Potter books again. I usually do this at least once a year. I love them!

I'm supposed to tag three people. If you would like to do it, just do it. How's that?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:03 PM

    Mark is very fond of the Count of Monte Cristo also. It’s one of the few classics he owns. I can’t check out just one book at a time either. When the kids were little, we would check out books by the crateful—literally. Now, when we go to the library, we check out a bunch and only read half of them (or less). Right now we’re reading Stealing God’s Thunder (about Ben Franklin) along with the Book of Mormon. Mark and I used to read Brian Jacques’ Redwall books. Recently we ran out of other good books, so we picked up one of his latest. I really like historical fiction too, but also romance (clean ones) and sci-fi/fantasy. Mere Christianity is a book we intend to read someday soon. We recently read a bio of CS Lewis (I forget the title) which was really good. I agree with you about the books being better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete