Hotel Nelson is open for business. We've got Sugar Daddy's parents and 2 of his brothers here visiting. Nothing like adding 4 adults in a house... Actually, I'm amazed at how smoothly things are going. We've had plenty of room. Well, sometimes we're sitting on the floor and the piano bench but that happens when just 2 people come over to visit, let alone four. I've even been keeping up with the cooking. I don't think too many people are going hungry.
I haven't been knitting too much. I started the Snowdrop Shawl from The Yarn Harlot. I've messed up a couple of times but I'm hoping you won't be able to notice it when it is done. Ha ha.
I also finished up my sweater, Sweetness. I still need to get a picture of me in it. I'm trying to decide whether to shrink it first or just take a picture with it big. I made a size bigger than I would need because I thought that would work with the gauge I was getting. Then, I started getting a little smaller, thanks to Project Fat Arse. Now, it's just too big. It's a wool blend so I think I can block it smaller. We'll see how that works.
The kids are enjoying having their grandparents and uncles in the house. Frog has been showing off (and throwing some pretty good tantrums). Big Apple has been crawling all over everyone! Good times.
Here is what I have to look forward to this week:
1. Sugar Daddy's Christmas Party for his grad students. I'm making tamales and atole.
2. Heading up to the Winter Quarters Visitor Center in Omaha. They have all sorts of gingerbread houses on display.
3. Celebrating Christmas with the Nelsons on Friday. I'll be excited to see the kids open their presents.
4. Having so many babysitters in the house that I can get a lot of stuff done around here.
5. Reading as much as I can of the Book of Mormon so I don't feel like a slacker when the end of the year comes around and I haven't finished.