Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Secret Pal Questionnaire

The Crafty Conservative

I have joined the Secret Pals 4 brigade. I should find out my secret pal in the next few days. My secret pal will also find out about ME! So, in anticipation, I have this questionnaire from the SP4 website to keep me occupied.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I'll knit with just about anything. I did some stuff with Red Heart and wasn't too happy about it. But, I haven't had problems using Lion Brand or some other acrylics. If I had an infinite amount of money, I'd always go high end, of course!
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin. I definitely crochet. My friend reminded me that I once said, "I don't need to learn to knit. I can make anything I could ever want by crocheting." Boy, am I eating my words now!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I am allergic to pet dander and I'm assuming, smoke. At the very least I HATE the smell of smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? I tried to teach myself a couple of years ago (no luck). I thought I'd try again last summer. It worked!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) My favorite perfume is Happy by Clinique. Bath and Body Works...my favorite is Moonlight Path. But, I used to work there and have stockpiles of all things B&BW.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? How about a pizza tooth? That's my weakness. I used to be a Twizzlers junkie but I've given that up.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to make as much stuff myself as I can. I'm in a card exchange most months and I stamp them.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I teach Spanish so I'm always looking for some good songs to share with my students. I don't listen to as much music now that I've been listening to books on tape. My computer can play mp3s but my car stereo won't.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I love deep reds, navy, hunter green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets! One husband, one 2 year old son, hopefully one more on the way (via adoption).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I'd like to have a nice home. Big enough to have get-togethers often. Lots of friends. Enough money to take fabulous vacations each year.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I don't really have a favorite. It's all good!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Probably the Red Heart if I have to choose something.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I'm trying to knit gifts for EVERYONE in my family for Christmas. I've started already. I've been busy searching out the perfect projects.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like knitting sweaters, baby clothes, socks, anything!
17. What are you knitting right now? a baby hat, a lace scarf, and a pair of socks.
18. What do you think about ponchos? I've made a couple (crocheted) but I don't think I would wear one.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I've used both and I like them both.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I REALLY like my bamboo needles. But, I don't have anything against the others.
21. Are you a sock knitter? trying to be...
22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught with some encouragement from friends.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Since I've finished my sweatshirt...just a couple of weeks.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love elephants but I don't really have any elephant stuff.
25. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday (April 11th) Although, this year I'll be 30. That kind of stinks.
26. Is there anything that you collect? I collect fertility dolls. I only have 2 but I haven't been looking for any lately. It goes in spurts. But, it's definitely something I want to pursue collecting. I'm not the kind of person that believes in that stuff, but I think that it is interesting and most are really beautiful.

I think that's about it! Wow, 3 posts in one day. Is that my record? I think it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment