Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Random Stuff

I got my knitting back from the State Fair yesterday. They were really unorganized and didn't have my stinkin' money but I got the number of a nice little old lady that I can pester until I get it. On each item entered, there is a paper with notes made by the judge. It seems that she really liked everything I made but the only problems were with the blocking. On a few of those items, I agree. I just didn't have time to press them properly. But, for others--she's suggesting a stiff blocking. You know those doilies that feel all hard and starchy? That's what she wanted. Sorry. I don't like my doilies like that. I don't want them to crunch when I fold them. My Snowdrop Shawl was another thing she wanted blocked better. Whatever. It's just how I wanted it and I don't think I would block it differently even for the promise of a 1st place ribbon.

In other news, I was reading an article about how kids are reacting to the death of Steve Irwin. There was a quote from an 11 yr. old boy, "Why did it have to be Steve Irwin? Why couldn't it have been someone old like Sean Connery?". That made me laugh.

Lastly, why do they put all of the feminine needs products in Sam's Club right next to the lovely boxes full of pastries? I resisted. But, it sure was difficult!

0 comments:

Post a Comment