Remember this knit? I think Carl has worn this ONCE since his interview process. I want my wool back! He's been hemming and hawing on whether or not I can rip this out. I got his permission this week. He told me what he liked and didn't like about it and we came up with a better plan. He wants a v-neck vest that isn't as "heavy". He wants argyle. I aim to please. Here is the pattern I'm going to use. We're going to use black, khaki, and either green or blue (I bought both--so we could decide what would look best). I'm getting yarn from knitpicks. I also ordered a size one circular (my set only goes down to a size two). I can't believe I'm going to knit this on size one and two needles. I told him that he might have it for the next school year (2007-2008). Although, I could get pretty motivated and whip it out in no time.
I have several WIPs (work in progress).
1. Gathering Intentions sweater. I'm working slowly but surely on the back. I only work on this in spurts and when the kids are sleeping.
2. Socks. I'm always going to have a pair of socks in the works. This latest pair is for a Christmas present.
3. Scarf. This is for another Christmas present. I love how it is turning out. But, you'll have to wait for pictures.
4. Teletubbie blanket. I'm trying to get rid of some of my stash and learn some new knitting techniques in the process. This blanket is using what is left from making the Teletubbie hats. I'm making wedges and each wedge is a different color. It's not pretty---but it's just for the kids to play with so I don't care too much. It is really "mindless" knitting and I could always use some of that.
5. Tank tops. I'm starting one for Mckenzie. And, I'll start on soon for Claire (what size, Deanna?). I've got to make Mckenzie's a top priority since they're moving to Virginia NEXT WEEK! I've got a lot of tv to catch up on to make room on our dvr so that will be good tv knitting for the next day or two. Plus, it's TOO DANG HOT to go outside anyway.
Want to know what I'm going to do about the signs? Me too. I still haven't decided but I'm leaning towards telling them to FORGET IT! I can make my own dang sign. But, I know I won't make my own dang sign unless I'm "forced" to by going to this dang sign party but I won't be able to make my own the way I want it anyway. AARGH. I should just forget about it and be done with it. But, it would look absolutely perfect in my dining room! Where's the Xanax?