Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Little Peace

Frog has learned how to use the computer. It started out innocently enough. He had me do all the mouse work and would scream if I didn't do what he wanted. Finally, I got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and had him do it himself. I'm amazed at how quickly he picked it up. He can now come into the office (I get him started on pbskids.org) and play quietly for about 30 minutes. He did manage to figure out how to turn the computer on and off. This annoys him but he still continues to do it. When he comes out and tells me the computer is taking a nap, I know what he did. We'd come back in and he's say, "Wake up, computer!". We'd turn it back on and I'd hope that he wouldn't turn it off again in the next five minutes. Well, he would. I like to think that I'm smarter than he is. Behold, my computer childproofing.

You can't really see all of the clear tape but it is covering the whole front of the computer. The ruler is taped over the on/off button so they can't push it down. Even Sugar Daddy marveled at my crafty genius. Luckily, I only have to endure this for 2 more weeks. When we move, I get a better computer in my own room. Frog can keep this one.

Tomorrow I'll show you my mom's socks that I finished. I'm really proud of them. They turned out nicely. I've also started a new pair of socks with the yarn I got in Long Beach. I really have to get a project other than socks. Maybe after the move...

3 comments:

  1. that is very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I can hardly wait for the socks...MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:04 PM

    I do believe that the current generation learns to use computers by osmosis or something. The rest of us have to learn the hard way.

    ReplyDelete