Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Inner Martha

I just finished reading this book by Martha Stewart. It was an interesting read...especially for me as I'm trying to find something for me to do to earn money. It was kind of "self-promoting", a lot of talk about Kmart, her new magazines and tv shows, etc... I was hoping for a little more practical advice. Here are some of the things I learned from the book:

1. Have sensible passion. Basically, you can ruin a passion by making it your business. Be realistic about your skills and what exactly you are willing to do for the sake of your business.

2. Invest in your skills. Take the time to invest in yourself and what you want to do. For example, if I want to start designing knit wear I should be doing the sorts of things that will help me fulfill that goal like take design classes or become a TKGA Master knitter.

3. If you're Martha Stewart, being in prison isn't all bad. She got to give talks about being a successful businesswoman and help the other inmates with their goals. Also, if you have a house like Martha Stewart, being on house arrest is a Good Thing.

4. She liked the poncho.

5. Martha's mantra is "Make it Beautiful".

0 comments:

Post a Comment