Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, June 01, 2009

Feeling Famous

Last night was the Yanni Voices concert.  I went with Deb and we had a blast!  Apart from showing up a little late (we were told it started at 7:30pm) and missing my favorite song (Deseo), the evening was a success! 

We picked up our tickets (courtesy of the One 2 One Network).  We also got some back stage passes for the after show meet & greet.  So special!  We were looking forward to seeing Nathan again. 

This picture is from when I met him at the Mom 2.0 Summit.  We were really excited to meet the other Yanni Voices as well! 

The concert was really well done.  The music was fabulous.  Our seats were amazing!  We were in the 9th row.  Actually, we ended up sitting in the 11th row because someone else was in our seats when we got there.  We were in the center on the aisle so it really didn't matter too much.  3585620388_21d75c1276

Here they all are near the end of the show.  You want to know Yanni's secret to success?  I'm just guessing here, but it must be because he surrounds himself with such talented musicians.  Every single member of his orchestra was AMAZING! 

There were a few parts of the show that weren't my favorite.  After the intermission, Chloe came out and did this dance and then Leslie joined her.  The song was great but I was a little distracted by the dancing.  It was a little too much for my taste.  3585618230_85229ea7c0 This was the very end of the concert as Yanni was leaving the stage.  Deb and I will never be the same after seeing "Yanni Jesus".  We thought this was super cheesy but totally befitting.  It really sums up the concert.   Another funny thing--Yanni doesn't have his long hair (or 'stache) anymore, but he still does the hair flip.  It's amazing! 

Okay.  Here's what we were really there for.  To meet the Voices.  After the show, we were in a group of people ready to go back to the meet & greet.  We had a special code on our passes and this big security came up to us and asked us if we were the bloggers.  There were six of us (including Liz and her husband that got the tickets from my giveaway).  We got to go back first and had a super VIP meeting with the Yanni Voices.  The rest of those meet & greeters had to wait until we were done.  Oh the power of the blog, people.  We were feeling pretty special.

Ender, Chloe, and Leslie came in to meet with us.  Unfortunately, Nathan was a little sick and needed to rest his voice.  I would have been super disappointed if we hadn't already accosted him in Houston

3585622328_358f3b5f06

From left to right: Leslie Mills, Chloe, Deb, me, Ender Thomas

They were all really friendly and it is really amazing to think of all the talent they possess.  Leslie totally reminds me of Kylie Minogue.  My favorite song of hers was Nothing Without Love.  That one wasn't on the preview CD I got and now I am going to have to find a copy of that song somewhere.  My favorite song of Chloe's is Until the Last Moment.  It is a duet with Ender.  Speaking of Ender.

3585626146_7a79ce1637We taught him a little bit about twitter.  He's on there already but we gave him a few tips on how to use it to stay in contact with his fans (like us!).  I'm totally bummed I didn't get to see him sing Deseo.  Guess I'll have to break out the PBS Special DVD again.   If I was still teaching Spanish, I would make my students sing this song.  Back in the day I'd make them learn all sorts of Enrique Iglesias songs.  It was my special kind of torture that I believe my students secretly loved. 

Want to follow the Voices on Twitter?  Find them here:

Chloe

Leslie

Ender

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Hi, Christy..Loved your blog about Yanni Voices - I saw the show @ Radio City and again @ AC...Your pictures are great...I wasn't lucky enough to get to meet them, though...& I do agree with you, Ender is hot! I'm on twitter too, lest822...Would love to follow you - would you follow me? Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers. That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete