We've been at my mom's house for just over an hour now. Everyone is still at work so we're here alone. I don't have the energy for anything more than bullet points right now because Caleb has kept me awake since 3:30am. Then he slept for two hours on the way here. I drove.
The first 30 minutes:
- I needed to go to the bathroom for over an hour but I held it because I didn't want to haul both kids (and have to wake up Caleb) into a public restroom. Once we got to my mom's house, I didn't quite make it.
- When I did make it to a bathroom, it didn't have toilet paper.
- The kids were too distracted by the animals that none of them came to my rescue despite my pleas for several minutes.
- It was messy, but I got myself taken care of and just went commando to tell the kids to come in the house so I could take a shower.
- I opened the sliding glass door just in time to see Caleb throwing one of the kittens halfway across the pond.
- There are two kittens. I missed the first one.
- The kittens are fine.
- Eva ran into the house covered in cat poop.
- Up to this point: 2 people covered in poop, 1 animal torturer
- I decided to throw Eva in the bathtub. I squirted her off first but then couldn't figure out how to turn off the nozzle.
- Called my mom.
- My phone died.
- She called me on the land line and told me how to do it.
- I couldn't figure out how to turn off the jets in the jacuzzi tub.
- We made lots of bubbles.
- I figured it out.
- I got Caleb started playing the Wii so I could get in the shower.
- We all survived.
- Caleb is still playing the Wii, Eva is fully clothed and clean, and so am I.
Phew. I could really use a nap. Instead I'll be putting in a load of laundry.