Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, April 01, 2005

WIP's

The Crafty Conservative

This post is going to be pure knititng content. So, if you don't care about knitting (Eric), don't bother reading.

I'm SO CLOSE to finishing the Clapotis. I'm really starting to resent this project. I had to go and buy one more skein of yarn for probably no more than 2 yards. I imagine that I'll finish it tonight if the kids cooperate. So, probably tomorrow.

I cast on for one of the Harry Potter Gryffindor scarves. I'm using Caron Simply Soft yarn in Autumn Red and Mango. I really like this yarn. Yep, it's 100% acrylic. But, I really, really like it.

The service we worked with to match us with a birthmother for Big Apple is wanting to send a little gift to the babies that are born and placed through their business. We got our fee donated to us so I feel really strongly about helping them out with this. I'm going to work up a couple teddy bears from a Debbie Bliss pattern and see how they look. If they're quick and easy enough, I'll be making a boatload so they can present them to the adoptive families after placement. Otherwise, I'll probaby make hats and/or booties.

The family that donated our adoption fee has been so good to us! They loaned us a whole big tub of baby clothes for Big Apple. They've given us tons of size 6 diapers (leftovers of theirs) for Frog. They are just great friends. There's really no way to repay their kindness. So, I'm just going to knit for them! The mom chose a couple of patterns for her two kids (a boy and girl...just like us!) and I went to buy the yarn today. She chose a cardigan for her boy (beige cotton w/ scottie dogs and argyle along the bottom), and an a-line jacket w/ embroidered flowers for her girl. Both will get a beret to match (their dad is the French teacher). I want to get these done before we leave Lafayette so they'll probably move to the front of the pack pretty soon.

I'm still plugging away on some of the gifts I'm knitting for Christmas. Okay...I'm thinking about it, at least. I've got a couple of hats I need to do for the CA boys, a couple of sweater for my OK boys, and some socks for my UT boys.

I guess that's it from here!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:43 PM

    I'm starting to see why you resent the Clapotis. I've only done three repeats of the straight rows, yet I'm already getting anxious for the decrease rows. It gets pretty slow in the middle, doesn't it? Ten more straight row repeats to go . . .

    ReplyDelete