Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, October 13, 2006

You're the Bomb

I was in Mexico for the better part of 1996 and 1997. I was a missionary and pretty much sheltered from the world. I fraternized with 21-23 year old women (all from Mexico) and 19-21 year old men (most from Mexico and some from the states). Getting letters from home was terribly important to us. We loved the mail and frequently shared our letters with others. Just the other day I found a paper stuffed in a book. It was a note I had written to another missionary explaining a program we were doing. Most of it was in Spanish, however, this particular missionary was from the states so I ended the note in English. It said,

"You're the bomb. I don't really know what this means but some high schooler wrote this in a letter to E. Idiart. What happened to 'rad' anyway?"

Here, I have written proof of the first time I ever used the phrase, "You're the bomb."

4 comments:

  1. Christy, you are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used that phrase at work one day and I got a few very weird looks. Practically, everyone in my area at work is a Baby Boomer! Maybe I should use words like "Groovy" and "Sit on it." Or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be there when you tell a co-worker to "Sit on it"! It's hard work being so "with it" and "totally awesome".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hot Christy. I heard a sixteen year old use the word jucy.

    ReplyDelete