Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, November 12, 2004

Miscellaneous News

The Crafty Conservative
So, I've obviously not posted the sweater pictures. I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet. Mainly because I need some help from Sugar Daddy. We don't have any big plans tonight so maybe this can be it.

I was telling my bunko girls about my blog last night. I was giving them all pseudonyms. It was kind of fun. But, I must admit, I wasn't myself last night. I usually have a great time and am really competitive. I just didn't have it in me. I'm ready for this year's bunko to be over (last time Dec 4th). I won't be playing next year. But, I'm sure I'll be a sub here or there. I've been really disappointed in the lack of committment by some of the members. When they joined, we told them that you are committing to one night a month for 12 months. If you can't come, find a sub. Last night was one of the first nights we haven't had to scramble for a sub at the very last minute. But, the two people looking for subs didn't find their own. Other people had to do that for them. But, we played. It went well. I just wasn't my regular "chipper" self. So, it'll be nice to not have to worry about that next year.

I got Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte from the library. I got the book on tape version. I usually like to hear books in the car. It makes it seem like the time I spend in there isn't a total waste. I listened for about 5 minutes and I couldn't stand it. It was so hard to pay attention to. Maybe it's just not a book on tape type of book. Maybe I should try the print version before I render my final verdict. But, it's not looking good.

In crafting news: I bought some yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease) for my sister's poncho. I'm crocheting a pattern that I got from www.lionbrand.com . It's the crocheted ponchette. But, I'm not adding the fun fur. That seemed to be a little much for my taste (and my sister's I think). I'm adding fringe instead.

I joined the local chapter of Stich n Bitch. That's the last time I'm gonna write it like that. From now on it'll be SnB. I know...I'm such a prude! I haven't told any of my friends that I have joined. Probably because I don't want to have to say the name. I really hate cussing (even though I know that the intent of the name is not the derrogatory term of the word that I'm avoiding...I just can't bring myself to say it). From the yahoogroup emails I've been receiving, it seems like it's a good group. I'll go to my first meet-up with them on the 4th Monday of this month.

I think this post is making up for a lot of missed days...more to come.

1 comment: