Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Introducing...The Crafty Conservative!

So, after having this blog set up for about a month now, I'm finally ready to start posting. I have a lot of different interests but I set this blog up mainly for my crafting endeavors. I need a place to post what I'm working on and also just to vent about what's going on in my life. I also want to be a voice for other crafty conservatives because I know there have to be others out there! I was totally surprised at the amount of backlash I have received in the crafting community for supporting George W. Bush. Well, I feel a lot better today knowing that while I may be in the minority in the crafting communities...I'm not alone among those that voted in this election.

I just deleted a huge chunk of this entry. It was very therapeutic to write but I'm not quite ready to send it out into cyberspace. I think I'll just stick to keeping this more crafty than conservative for a while.

I'm about 10 rows away from finishing my very first knitted sweater. It's for my son (to be known from here on out in the blogworld as Frog--age 21 mos). I was somewhat pessimistic in my abilities so I made it for him to be able to wear next year. But, as soon as I finish it you can bet that he's gonna wear it at least once this season!

Against my best judgement, I cast on another project before finishing the sweater. It's for a pair of socks for myself. The yarn is divine! The colors are so great and I can't wait to finish them. They'll look splendid with my new birkenstocks (conservatives can value great footwear, too...right?). Since I've started the socks, I haven't worked at all on my sweater. Maybe having it ready for next year wasn't such a foolish notion after all.

I crocheted a poncho for my mom a couple of weeks ago. My sister wants one now and I'm happy to oblige. I just need to go and buy some yarn. Oh no! My worst nightmare! A trip to buy yarn! I guess it should really be my husband's nightmare (he's really thrifty---he's also just given me some ideas on what his blogname should be and he will now be referred to as Sugar Daddy or SD for short. I see the irony in this now as I just mentioned his thriftiness and now he wants to be known as my SD? Oh well, I'll humor him). Anyway, back to the yarn. She wants some earth tones and something that won't shed. I'll see what I can come up with.

Frog's asleep now so it's prime knitting time before my eyes start to droop. I guess my first official blog entry is complete.

0 comments:

Post a Comment