Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gift Guide: Gifts for Techies

Day 2 of gift guides include stuff for the techies in your life. I most certainly consider myself a member of this crowd. I'm a computer nerd that loves crafts.

photo copyright Craftsquatch
photo copyright Craftsquatch

1. Twitter Pillow from Craftsquatch.etsy.com

This first item is perfect for any crafty geek in your life. You can purchase one of these on Etsy for $20 but I'm sure most of my readers (at least at ChristyNelson.net) could make their own version for less.

2. Wi-Fi Detector Shirt from ThinkGeek

Words can not describe how badly I want this shirt. Actually, I want the technology on this shirt to put on one of my own. It totally detects the wi-fi and lights up accordingly! It's only $20. What a bargain!

3. A Netbook

Any little netbook would probably do! I've linked to this one pictured that I might purchase if I was shopping for myself. My laptop is my primary computer but can sometimes be a bit cumbersome to lug around for meetings and conferences. A netbook is a good bridge between my iPod Touch and laptop. I think it would make a terrific gift for me any techie.

4. Flip Video Camera

This has been one of my favorite tech purchases ever. It is so easy to use and so versatile. This is not only a great gift for a techie (although, they probably already have one!) but it is a great overall gift for anyone...a new parent, a teenager, a blogger, a grandparent. You don't have to be very computer savvy to use it, either. It's got a flip out usb and built in software. Easy peasy.

5. Notebook Cooling Pad

Sometimes you just need to use your laptop on the couch or in your bed. Instead of burning up your legs and your computer, a cooling pad is the way to go. This isn't the one I have, but it looks pretty darn good and got some great reviews on Amazon. The one I have is a bit bulky. This one is lighter and slimmer. That's important.

0 comments:

Post a Comment